Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Easy Tinsel Trees

I know I’ve seen them everywhere.  Glittery, sparkly, tinsel trees.  Well wouldn’t you know when I decided I needed a couple, I couldn’t find any.  Grrrr!  So I figured they can’t be very hard to make and the results turned out better than store bought in my opinion.  You can make the shape (fat or skinny) and size (tall or short) that you want and decorate it to your own desires.
I confess my husband cut the wood out for me.  He’s such a great husband and very helpful I might add.  I was busy doing other decorating things so he cut out a couple triangles from scrap wood (MDF or whatever you have!) and some rectangle bases.  The pieces don’t have to be perfect because you’ll be covering the triangle and my bases weren’t going to be seen, so they can be a little off too.
So you take your triangle piece and your rectangle piece and attach them so you have a nice tree shape. 
IMG_2335_edited-1
Then you just start at the top with your tinsel and wrap away.  I tented mine over the tip a little bit and then started wrapping.
IMG_2337_edited-1
When you get to the bottom just cut the tinsel garland and tuck the end underneath. 
IMG_2338_edited-1
Take a couple of these in different heights, pair it with a shiny metal tree from Gordman’s and you have a pretty trio of trees!
IMG_2330_edited-1

No comments:

Post a Comment